Go for the voice of the barangays in the
Benguet Provincial Board!
· Incumbent Barangay Captain – Poblacion, La Trinidad, Benguet (3 Terms: 2002-2007, 2007-2010, 2010-2013)
· Incumbent ABC President/Councilor – La Trinidad, Benguet (2 Terms: 2007-2010, 2010-2013)
· Incumbent ABC Vice-President – Benguet (2010-2013)
· Incumbent Board Member – Philippine Red Cross, Benguet Chapter (2012-2014)
· Incumbent Chairman – BENECO District 7 – Multi-Sectoral Electrification Advisory Council(MSEAC) (2012-2014)
AS A BARANGAY CAPTAIN:
He was at the forefront of the implementation of barangay programs, projects and activities concerning all sectors earning him and Barangay Poblacion awards, recognitions and commendations and became one of the PROGRESSIVE and DEVELOPED urban barangay.
1. Construction of the Barangay Hall, Police/Tanod Outposts and the Buyagan Covered Court.
2. Strengthened barangay-based organizations and special bodies: Barangay Agriculture and Fisheries Council (BAFC), Barangay Council for the Protection of Children (BCPC) and others.
3. Strengthened the Lupong Tagapamayapa where the barangay became the National Awardee of the Lupong Tagapamayapa Incentive Awards (LTIA) for 2 consecutive years in 2007 and 2008, also the recipient of the Regional and Provincial Level.
AS ABC PRESIDENT/COUNCILOR:
1. Partnered with the University of Baguio for the “Iskolar ng Barangay”
2. Forged strong partnership with 1 Ang Pamilya Party list resulting in the delivery of infrastructure projects, medical services, educational assistance, trainings and seminars and livelihood projects to various barangays in the province of Benguet.
3. Worked with the different departments concerned to strengthen the Barangay Council for the Protection of Children of the 16 barangays in support to the Local Council for the Protection of Children (LCPC) where these efforts earned the Municipality of La Trinidad as the Most Child Friendly Municipality in the region and finally nominated for the national award.
4. Coordinated and worked with the different concerned agencies to strengthen the different sectors such as peace and order, public health and nutrition, social services, environmental concerns and other matters affecting his constituency.
5. Authored, co-authored and supported significant ordinances and resolutions mostly focusing on the welfare of the barangays, its workers and for the public as a whole.
1. STRENGTHEN the BARANGAYS, BARANGAY-BASED ORGANIZATIONS AND BARANGAY SPECIAL BODIES particularly the Barangay Council for the Protection of Children (BCPC).
2. Propose for ADDITIONAL BENEFITS and UPGRADING of existing BENEFITS OF BARANGAY WORKERS (Barangay Tanods, Barangay Health Workers, Day Care Workers and other volunteers).
3. Propose STRONG PARTNERSHIP with NGO’s, other AGENCIES and STAKEHOLDERS to SUPPORT the different programs, projects and activities of the barangays.
4. Propose PARTNERSHIP with different EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS in the province including Baguio City for the “ISKOLAR NG BARANGAY” PROGRAM to SPONSOR at least 1 DESERVING STUDENT from the 140 barangays of Benguet.
5. IDENTIFY, DISCOVER, DEVELOP and PROMOTE POTENTIAL TOURISM SITES and DESTINATIONS in all barangays of Benguet and strengthen sisterhood programs.
6. Propose appropriate ORDINANCES and RESOLUTIONS to SUPPORT the DIFFERENT SECTORS such as women, senior citizens, children, persons with disability, livelihood, education, social services, peace and order, health, environment and other matters affecting the community.
7. Propose measures to SUPPORT and PROTECT our FARMERS and other WORKERS.